Civil Engineering is a challenging profession that is concerned with the techniques and procedures by which tall building, airports, ports, bridges , dams, and reservoirs, water supply and sewage disposal systems, transport systems and other structures are designed, surveyed, built and maintained. A civil engineer should be equipped with the knowledge and know-how of managing projects effectively in safe environment.
The Faculty of Civil Engineering at UiTM began in 1967 with the introduction of the Diploma in Civil Engineering programme, under the School of Engineering. With subsequent development and expansion, the school was restructured into three faculties in 1996; the Faculty of Civil Engineering , the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering.
At present, the Faculty of Civil Engineering consists of four Centres of Studies, namely :-
- Structural Engineering and Computing
- Geotechnical , Transportation and Surveying
- Water Resources and Environmental Systems
- Construction Engineering and Project Management
Faculty of Civil Engineering ( Fakulti Kejuruteraan Awam - FKA ) UiTM Pahang began its operations in December 1999. At the moment FKA Pahang offers a diploma in Civil Engineering ( EC 110 ) programme .By June 2013, FKA has approximately 854 students currently studying in UiTM Pahang.
To be an internationally recognised faculty with the professionally qualified and renowned faculty members, that produces top notch (marketable) graduates.
Developing expertise and providing academic programs in the field of civil engineering through excellence in research and consultancy and in the pursuit of knowledge.
- To provide maximum opportunities for Bumiputeras to persue professionally-recognised programmes of study in science, industry, and technology .
- To provide quality and innovaties study relevant to current market needs and customer demands and in line with the policies of national development .
- To establish a university-wide human resource development programme for instilling sound value system within the university communit
- To ensure that UiTM graduates are adequately prepared to join the local as well as the international workforce .
- To establish UiTM as a centre of excellence that ensures the sound and effective management of its human resources, and finances and assets in order to achieve its educational objectives, whilst playing a major role as a catalyst in community development .
A belief that every individual has the ability to attain excellence through the transfer of knowledge and instilling of moral values so as to produce professional graduates capable of advancing knowledge, self, society, and nation
EC110 - DIPLOMA KEJURUTERAAN AWAM
|PROGRAMME PROFILE||This program offers students a wide range of civil engineering subjects with special emphasis on:
|PERIOD OF STUDY||Full Time : 6 semesters|
A student seeking admission to the 3 year full-time Diploma program must pass the SPM/SPMV Examination ( Equivalent to GCE 'O' Level ) or their equivalent with 5 credit in which consist of :-
Passed Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia and English Language. Priority will be given to the candidates who obtain credit in Additional Mathematics and Physics .
Successfully completed the UiTM Pre-Science programme .
Certificate in the same field from any examination board that is equivalent or higher than the above requirements recognized by UiTM.