The ground breaking ceremony of the estimated RM26 million permanent campus for ITM Cawangan Pahang was done by the Menteri Besar Y.B. Dato Seri Haji Khalil Yaakob on 22 August 1988. The state government of Pahang had allocated 1000 acres of land in Bandar Pusat Jengka, in the Maran district, to be the site for the permanent campus to be built. The campus was built in two phases, the initial phase to accommodate 2500 students and eventually the campus, with its full facilities and infrastructure, to be able to accommodate 4500 students. The land allotment for the campus was divided into a 60:40 ratio, whereby 40 percent of the land would go for development areas, whereas the remaining 60 percent would be utilized for agricultural purposes.
The construction of the new site started in 1988 and amidst the economic crisis which saw the project halted for awhile, was finally completed in 1992. The gradual transfer of UiTM Pahang from Kuantan to Jengka was completed in 1993, thus marking a new era in its history.On the 13 August 1996, the campus was officially declared as another branch of ITM. The new campus was officiated by then Minister of Education Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak. The presence of Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak to officiate the ceremony was of great significance as he had officiated the first temporary campus in Kuantan in 1986 and ITM was indeed the brainchild of his late father Allahyarham Tun Abdul Razak During his speech, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak informed about the future corporatization of ITM in an effort to become a global player in the education industry. Despite the fact that ITM was only an institute, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak said that ITM could award first degrees right up to doctor of philosophy, making it a unique institution. He added that the development of ITM marked the emergence and assurance of the nobility and dignity of the Malays. He further added that the education provided by ITM was well received, as the graduates from the institution were well accepted by the job market. This was the result of its streamlined focus in developing graduates who would meet the demand of the job market.