The B. Ed. Tesl (Hons) programme is specially tailored to produce knowledgable, skillful and qualified Bumiputera teachers, in an effort to upgrade the teaching and learning of English in secondary schools and institutions of higher learning.
To achieve this objective, the programme structure concentrates various on areas of education, knowledge competence in English language, methods of teaching and learning as well as teaching practice.
The length of the programme in the full time mode is 8 semester or 4 years. However, students with relevant Diplomas or equivalent can be given credits transfers, thus enabling them to graduate in less than 4 years.
- STPM with 3 principal passes including Kertas Am or Pengajian Am and subsidiary pass in one other subject OR
- Teacher's Training College diplomas / Certificates with 5 years experience in teaching English or 7 years teaching experience OR
- Diploma from UiTM or other recognized institutions with a minimum C.G.P.A or 2.50 OR
- Pre-Degree TESL certificate from UiTM OR
- Ministry of Education matriculation certificate with a minimum C.G.P.A of 3.00 AND MUET (minimum Band 4) AND
- Pass the MEDSI (Malaysian Educators Selection Inventory) written test, physical test and interview conducted by the Ministry of Higher Education
Prof Madya Dr. Jelani B Sulaiman
Universiti Teknologi Mara,
Kampus bukit Sekilau,
Jalan Bukit Sekilau,
25200 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur.
Tel: 09-5138143 / 09-5144857/09-5179644